SHELBY COUNTY'S 5 RESCUE GROUPS
Shelby County Animal Care Coalition
The SCACC's mission is to oversee the care of the animals at our local animal shelter. It is comprised of volunteers from local rescue groups in addition to caring citizens under the direction of Vicki Moore, the Founder.
Shelby County Humane Society -- http://shelbycohumanesociety.org/
The Shelby County Humane Society is a non-profit, no-kill shelter located in Shelbyville, Kentucky. "No-kill" means animals stay with us or in foster homes until they are adopted. No animal is euthanized unless it is medically necessary. Our work includes rescue of homeless animals, pet adoptions, a spay/neuter program and humane education. It is our goal to provide these services to the best of our ability in the hope that we can significantly reduce the number of unwanted and homeless animals in our community, as well as educating the public about responsible pet ownership. We gratefully accept donations and any volunteer time you have to offer.
Operation CatSnip of Kentucky, Inc.-http://www.operationcatsnipky.org
Our mission is to stop the overpopulation of stray and feral outdoor cats through an aggressive Trap, Neuter, Return and Manage program. We also strive to save adoptable cats and kittens found in colonies and adopt them out through our Partnership with Petsmart Charities.
Woodstock Animal Foundation -- http://www.woodstockanimalfoundation.org
Woodstock Animal Foundation Purpose Includes Five Components
- Reduce animal overpopulation by funding and administering an aggressive neutering and spaying program.
- Develop a "euthanasia free" rescue and adoption program by arranging a network of foster care homes for owner-abandoned, strayed, and adoptable pets on death row at humane societies.
- Develop in adults & children, an understanding of the responsibility people hold toward animals and offer training to carry out this responsibility through educational programs.
- Establish a trust fund for the building and management of an animal sanctuary and find a location to set it up.
- Provide supplies and funds to pre-approved 501(c)3 animal shelters to assist when cash flow deficiencies arise.